home is where the heart is

Tuesday, December 14, 2004 / 1:21 am

I feel zapped. It is honestly no joke travelling a grand total of 14 hrs in a MVP to and from KL – mum, sis and I went there with 3 measley bags and after 3 days, reloaded the 6-seater MVP’s trunk, front and back seats with 3 times as many bags.

Yes, we are da Pro Shoppers Inc.

Nothing much has changed in KL. Same crowd same polluted environment same monorail station same grease same clogged air thick with pollution car exhaust cries from lost children and peddlers on the street pimping their goods – all this is illuminated by the occasional burst of a hundred million infinite BUBBLES, incandescent with rainbow-joy drifting into the coal-blackened night sky, cutting through the burning traffic with an air of careless, weightless disregard (in heavy contrast to the shopping bags that bog me down), making for a cosmic explosion that starts from the pull of a trigger on a simple bubble gun, which then shimmies its way above the crowds, weaving expertly between Man and Lorry/Truck/Car and floating up up up into oblivion.. ahh, iridescence.

In a nutshell, my feet have never known such soreness (not since the last time I went to Hong Kong anyway), and shopping madly like there’s no tomorrow – ‘til one undermines the meaning of “materialist”, ‘til one’s feet can recognise every square inch of each shopping mall in the district (Bt. Bintang) is honestly no fun.

Pray, forgive my holier than thou attitude towards the activity that I so love, but KL has left me feeling so shallow (or should it be the other way round?).

My greatest memory of this trip is encapsulated within a tiny Polaroid – the tallest men in the world (as recorded by the Guinness Book of Records) were touring Sg. Wang and I (lucky me) took a photo with them! Their hands span the width of my entire shoulder and I stand up to their elbows – I have never felt smaller or more petite in my life. And I like that feeling. I like feeling that I’ll always be protected, that I can always hide behind something or someone when the going gets too rough for me – typical brattish, escapist behaviour, I know, but I cannot help but indulge in it.

LET ME BE YOUR SHADOW! Not all the time of course, but if only for awhile to stand in your shoes, I know I’d feel like a hundred million dollars tonight. Four words: I missed you most.

Anyhow, more pictures will be up soon! Shall go off and unpack now. Oh, and if anyone wants to offer me YSL’S BABY DOLL JEWELS you will make me the happiest girly in the world! Hah. Sometimes being shallow and materialistic is a jolly thing – it’s all in the spirit of Christmas Shopping!

Cheers, y’all.

Comments: Post a Comment